This half day course is designed to help employers understand the Tribunal process. This Workshop will be of benefit to all HR Professionals and managers who regularly chair disciplinary, grievance and appeal meetings to include complaints of bullying and harassment. It will also benefit those who have responsibility for overseeing the Organisation’s Tribunal cases.
- DATE: Thursday, 7 March 2019
- TIME: 10.00am – 1.30pm
- VENUE: EEF NI Training Suite, 7 Pilot’s View, Heron Road, Belfast, BT3 9LE
In addition to observing legal representatives cross-examine witnesses, the Mock Tribunal will provide practical advice on;
- How to avoid employment Claims;
- What steps should be taken as soon as a Claim is received;
- Preparing for the case for Hearing;
- Understanding the legal requirements of Discovery and collating documents;
- Preparing a Witness Statement, what should it cover and how it should be presented?
- How to prepare for cross-examination;
- Key tips for effective presentation as a witness.
Documents and witness statements will be provided to participants in order to allow the proceedings to be followed closely.
The proceedings will be frozen at various points to allow step-by-step explanation of the process and to give the opportunity to ask questions.
Workshop participants will observe the proceedings and will be able to put forward their views on the evidence and the outcome.
Cost: EEF NI Members: £135.00+vat|Non-members £155.00+vat
If you wish to attend, please complete the booking form below or contact John Gibson on 02890 595050
Mock Tribunal Workshop Booking Form