A key responsibility of line managers is to continuously manage employee performance. Failure to address issues of unsatisfactory performance can lead to negative outcomes.
This half-day course is aimed at assisting those with responsibility for managing performance to do so effectively in order to minimise underperformance issues.
Managers will be trained on how to recognise underperformance (conduct or capability) and respond with early interventions. The training will give guidance on how to manage serious and on-going performance issues requiring formal corrective action, up to and including dismissal. The training will cover the legal and best practice aspects of managing underperformance.
- Identifying early signs of unsatisfactory performance and engaging early intervention measures
- Managing performance during the probationary period
- Preparing for and conducting performance review meetings; what should they entail and what outcomes should be considered?
- Handling challenging performance conversations
- Practical guidance on managing on-going performance issues through a formal process
- Implementing a Performance Improvement Plan: what should it cover and how should it be managed going forward?
- When is it fair to dismiss for unsatisfactory performance? A review of the law of unfair dismissal
This one day course is ideal for team leaders, line managers and HR professionals who want to obtain a good working knowledge of employment law and essential management skills
This half day Workshop will be of benefit to all HR professionals and managers who regularly chair disciplinary and appeal hearings, grievances to include complaints of bullying and harassment
This half day course provides attendees with practical guidance on how to make the selection process more effective and how to avoid the pitfalls of bias and discrimination
This one-day course is particularly relevant for Human Resource personnel and all levels of management
This one-day course considers both legal and practical issues involved in dealing with absence in the workplace
This half-day course is designed for those with responsibility for dealing with all levels of discipline
This half-day course is aimed at assisting those with responsibility for managing performance to do so effectively in order to minimise underperformance issues
This half-day course will provide a comprehensive awareness of how to identify the most suitable options for your business when facing a downturn in activity or a need to restructure
This highly practical (one-day half-day) course will benefit HR Specialists and managers who have not previously worked in a unionised environment