Whilst this Guide only applies to England it states that equivalent guidance will be published for Northern Ireland. Therefore we can expect similar provisions being made.
The Guide sets out the legal and regulatory provisions for operating any testing programmes and covers:
- Legislation, regulations and best practice
- Virus and antibody testing
- How to interpret test results
- Next steps after a positive or negative test
It provides technical guidance on how to test and what tests results mean.
Many employers are not implementing COVID-19 testing, but this Guide is still helpful in that it:
- Summarises the data protection issues in relation to informing other employees of a positive case in the workplace. (See ICO guidance here)
- Explains what a test result means, and who must isolate.
We will keep Members notified when the Northern Ireland Guidance is available.
The Guide can be accessed here